In our latest podcast, Baker McKenzie partner Carole Spink introduces Lois Rodriguez from Madrid to talk about employment laws in Spain and give an overview of what changed in 2017 as well as what we can expect for the year ahead.
- Continued debate on the treatment of permanent versus temporary workers, including the issue of severance entitlements
- Debate on requirement to track hours – different obligations for part-and full-time employees
- Increased attention to gender pay issues and more generally equal pay rights
- EU trade secret directive offers greater opportunities to protect trade secret + the importance of being proactive to benefit from this protection
- Implementation of GDPR which goes into effect in May 2018 – companies should make sure they comply with the new data privacy obligations