Join us for Part 3 of our webinar series on the USMCA, as we approach entry-into-force of the agreement on July 1, 2020. In this webinar, “USMCA: Labor Rules and Trade Remedies,” Baker McKenzie experts from the United States, Mexico and Canada will discuss how to prepare for enforcement under the Rapid Response Labor Mechanism (RRLM).
Join us for a 60-minute discussion about the RRLM*:
- how it originated, and how will function,
- what it means for manufacturers in Mexico,
- what it means for U.S. and Canadian importers,
- factors indicating a high risk of enforcement, and
- what sort of due diligence should be undertaken as we approach July 1 entry into force of the USMCA.
This session is intended primarily for in-house counsel of U.S. and Mexico companies with responsibility for overseeing international trade and supply chain issues, as well as labor and employment issues. Trade compliance professionals, HR professionals and business managers may also find it useful.
*The RRLM is a first-of-its-kind trade remedy tool that will be used to tie trade benefits, like preferential duty treatment, and even the right to import into the United States, to the protection of labor rights at factories in Mexico. The RRLM is expected to primarily be enforced by the United States (and Canada) against manufacturing facilities and mining operations in Mexico
Click here for more information and to register.