Special thanks to co-presenters Luis C. Carbajo, Adriana Ibarra-Fernandez, Luis Adrián Jiménez Robles, Jose M. Larroque, Ma. Rosario Lombera González, Manuel Padrón-Castillo, Salvador Pasquel-Villegas, Javiera Medina-Reza, and Reynaldo Vizcarra-Mendez.
This year the Mexican government intends to raise an astonishing amount in revenue from large taxpayers and employers (Grandes Contribuyentes) without increasing tax rates or creating new taxes. To increase revenue, the federal government will significantly increase the number of audits and inspections touching on the areas of tax, customs and employment; accordingly, multinationals operating in Mexico need to prepare now for more intensive audits and inspections.
This special emphasis on inspections and audits will significantly impact the human and financial resources of Mexican subsidiaries of multinationals.
We are delighted to come together live in Mexico City with our Tax, Employment and Trade & Customs specialists to share experiences and offer comprehensive advice on this tough environment dealing with Mexican authorities. Our team has deep expertise and strong relationships with the authorities in Mexico and thus can share best practices and advice based on years of experience.
Among other topics, we will cover:
- How to comply with the subcontracting reforms and how this impacts outsourcing rules
- The labor-related and social security obligations under the scope of the Inspection Program 2022-2024 issued by the Ministry of Employment
- Best practices for exchanging information with the tax, customs and social security authorities
- Hot tax topics and most audited matters and projects.
- Elimination or mitigation of fines imposed by the Tax authorities
- Key considerations when providing information related to the maquiladora inventory control system and other relevant issues for Immex companies
- Important aspects of ongoing compliance related to VAT certification.
As we emerge from the pandemic, we greatly look forward to connecting with you in person. This event is free of charge, with limited seating capacity.
The event will be held in Spanish, please indicate if you would need direct translation upon registering.
Date | Time
Wednesday, May 17, 2023
08:00 am to 10:30 am MX
09:00 am to 11:30 am CT
St Regis Hotel Mexico City
Av. Paseo de la Reforma, 439, Cuauhtémoc, 06500 Ciudad de México, Mexico
Click here to register.
This session will be of interest to those with the below responsibilities for Mexico:
- In-House General Counsels
- Human Resources Directors
- Tax and Customs Managers and Directors
- Comptrollers and Chief Financial Officers